RegisterDonateLogin

I have a good feeling about this.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Amy I crazy? (Mandela effect) Options
TyDye
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2024 1:08:00 PM
Groups: Member

Per my last post, I'm getting back into SWM. I don't think Vassal and the vsets are quite for me since the nostalgia is really with the physical collection and in-person table top experience. I've picked up a few small lots from ebay and my goal is to rebuild a collection of 4-6 core armies with a healthy amount of wildcards to adjust playstyle as needed for my group of friends that I will be introducing this game to. (possibly running an rpg using this system down the road too)

What has absolutely baffled me is that I distinctly remember playing against people, at my local card shop who ran Poggle the Lesser in their Separatist armies. He was a meta defining addition to the squad and there would be 3-4 of them present across a dozen+ tables. This is a core memory of mine because as a child, this was my first exposure to who Poggle the Lesser was in the Star Wars universe. Of course he was in the movies but my little kid brain didn't know his name until I played against him in a SWM tournament.

Researching now I see that in this reality he does not exist in any physical set and was only introduced in the first vset DotF, 2 years after I stopped playing.

Does anyone else remember Poggle being played back in the day, or am I alone in this interdimensional crisis?
shmi15
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2024 2:07:45 PM

He definitely existed in the past. The wizards version I think was erased from existence. But they created a new one in the v sets. Not sure an OG stat card exists other than a physical copy of it
TyDye
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2024 4:10:33 PM

Every set list on every source of physical mini's seems to be complete, minus the existence of Poggle. No record of sales on ebay. How, and more confusing "why" was this single mini erased from the history of the game?
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2024 4:58:29 PM

You might be thinking of general whorm loathsome who came out in Galaxy at War (one of the final WOTC sets) who was a very powerful piece and changed the game quite a bit at the time, and fits the rest of your criteria as well.
TyDye
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2024 5:39:07 PM

No, I promise you it was Poggle the Lesser, hunched over with his little cane. I remember his army point cost being around the 30s from one of the earlier sets, Rarity VR. I don't remember what exactly he did but it was commander effect that was frustrating to deal with.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2024 2:27:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Maybe you played into the Vset era and didn't realize it. And one of your opponents had a custom mini that you recall.
TyDye
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2024 7:13:29 AM

I appreciate the sanity check, but I did indeed sell all my minis before 2010. I doubt several players at my shop were playing with future unreleased proxies. I'm just gonna let this rest as a very odd occurrence in my life.