RegisterDonateLogin

Life is short. Yoda is shorter.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Killik Queen Camaraderie Options
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2024 7:53:48 AM
Groups: Member

When does Camaraderie check happen?

I see it check in step 9c of beginning of game procedures, but I’m not sure if it checks later or continuously?

Specifically looking at the Killik Queen, if someone becomes a killik, do they automatically gain access to the Camaraderie or does something need to happen for Camaraderie to kick in?

urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2024 10:58:25 AM

wrote:

Glossary update: If this character is in your squad, the stated character or characters gain the listed Special Ability or Special Abilities. The stated character or characters gain the ability after setup. As long as this character remains in the squad (including if it is defeated), the stated character or characters retain the ability. Whenever a character enters or exits the squad (e.g. Versatility or Reserves or Betrayal), Camaraderie is re-checked, and its benefits may be lost if this character leaves the squad or may be conferred to a newly added character.

So it would check if a character is added to or leaves your squad (like your queen hits someone and then come over), or other things like porgs, reserves, sith alchemy, force dominate, dominate, betrayal, internal strife
Mando
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2024 4:37:51 AM

so just to be clear, does the Killik Queen, who adds the Killik SA to allies within 6 squares, give them the Camaraderie benefit right away when they gain Killik? I was under the impression that as soon as a character gained Killik, they'd gain the Camaraderie benefits since this would be taking place after setup.
Overley28
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2024 11:24:19 AM

that is weird, but it seems almost like no then. It seems like a camaraderie check would not happen when someone simply gains Killik...? Someone has to change or be added to the squad after they gain killik to gain the camaraderie benefits which definitely would hurt the Killik Queen.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2024 11:52:16 AM

Quote:
Join (A living character who activates within 6 squares of this character gains Killik for the rest of the skirmish; save 16. An enemy Killik damaged by this character joins your squad for the rest of the round; the enemy can avoid this effect with a save of 6. On a roll of a natural 1, it joins your squad for the rest of the skirmish instead.)

They do not gain Kilik until they activate and fail save 16, so they do not have it during the initial check, so I guess you have to get creative to try and get it to recheck.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2024 3:14:56 AM

would we be able to get a definitive answer on if the Killik Queen doesn't give her Camaraderie benefits to allies who get affected by Join and gain the Killik SA? I have a lot of squads to rework if that is the case since i was counting on her giving out Cunning Attack to characters in factions without access to it.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2024 5:47:11 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
wrote:

Glossary update: If this character is in your squad, the stated character or characters gain the listed Special Ability or Special Abilities. The stated character or characters gain the ability after setup. As long as this character remains in the squad (including if it is defeated), the stated character or characters retain the ability. Whenever a character enters or exits the squad (e.g. Versatility or Reserves or Betrayal), Camaraderie is re-checked, and its benefits may be lost if this character leaves the squad or may be conferred to a newly added character.

So it would check if a character is added to or leaves your squad (like your queen hits someone and then come over), or other things like porgs, reserves, sith alchemy, force dominate, dominate, betrayal, internal strife

Here is the definitive answer
Lightsaber
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2024 12:47:44 PM

So a B'omarr monk would solve this?
Overley28
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2024 4:05:33 PM

Would the camaraderie check happen for everyone in the squad though? Or just the person who changes team/enters/exits a squad.
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2024 4:59:58 PM

Overley28 wrote:
Would the camaraderie check happen for everyone in the squad though? Or just the person who changes team/enters/exits a squad.

It would check for everyone just like it does in the step where it first checks at the beginning of the skirmish.

urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2024 5:01:40 PM

Lightsaber wrote:
So a B'omarr monk would solve this?

It is one way to do it for sure (assuming the opponent fails the dominate save).
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2024 12:26:15 AM

so if you make the opponent fail a dominate save, all allied characters who gained Killik through Join, would then get rechecked for Camaraderie on the Queen? Are there other ways to have the entire squad get rechecked?v
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2024 7:42:36 AM

Mando wrote:
so if you make the opponent fail a dominate save, all allied characters who gained Killik through Join, would then get rechecked for Camaraderie on the Queen?

Yes

Mando wrote:
Are there other ways to have the entire squad get rechecked?

Whenever a character enters or exits the squad (e.g. Versatility, Reserves, Betrayal, Porg's Nest, Sith Alchemy, Force Dominate, Dominate, Betrayal, Internal Strife, Shifting Loyalties). I am sure there are a few more, but that should be a majority of them
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2024 8:46:44 AM

N3rdSl4y3r wrote:
Mando wrote:
so if you make the opponent fail a dominate save, all allied characters who gained Killik through Join, would then get rechecked for Camaraderie on the Queen?

Yes

Mando wrote:
Are there other ways to have the entire squad get rechecked?

Whenever a character enters or exits the squad (e.g. Versatility, Reserves, Betrayal, Porg's Nest, Sith Alchemy, Force Dominate, Dominate, Betrayal, Internal Strife, Shifting Loyalties). I am sure there are a few more, but that should be a majority of them

ok, so if i have a low activation squad with a Porg and the Killik Queen, as soon as i add in a new Porg if it triggers on Porg's Nest, all the allies that had activated prior and gotten the Killik SA from Join now get rechecked and have the Camaraderie benefits? This is such a bizzare rules situation so i want to get it right when i squad build and potentially bring the Killik Queen to a tournament. I'd need to rethink a lot of squads in order to make it work, but it is doable.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2024 9:32:05 AM

Yes, that is my understanding of it.