RegisterDonateLogin

Is a one-man wrecking crew.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Gen Con 2024 Reminders Options
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2024 12:23:55 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The urbans leave for Gen Con in a week! As we count down to the big event, I wanted to put out a few reminders.

1. Although almost all of our events are sold out, we will be accepting generic tickets for them, space permitting. Please show up with generics if you want to play!

2. If you have purchased a ticket for an event and you know you won't play, please either return the ticket to customer service or arrange to hand it into Jason, James, or myself. Turning the tickets in to us helps our attendance, which affects how many seats we can request next year.

3. The latest full V-set is currently in the squad builder. It has been fully spoiled on SHNN. However, these pieces are NOT legal for Gen Con events before Sunday, August 4. If you are doing last minute squad building, please double check that none of the pieces you're using come from "NPE." Please note: The mini-set for 26, Primary Operations Strikeforce, is legal.

4. Pay attention to the squad-building rules and maplists for the events you want to play in. They are not all "standard."

5. If you are planning to play a squad and are unsure about a rules interaction, please either message Jason, myself, TJ, or Joe, or post a question on the forums. It's better to have the opportunity to work things out than to show up at the event and have a wrong ruling, or have something not work the way you thought.

6. If you aren't playing in the sealed event on Sunday, consider coming to the Boonta Eve Classic (pod-racing). I will be running it and it should be a lot of fun!

7. Can't wait to see you all! Have a great time!
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2024 7:49:38 PM
Groups: Member

UrbanShmi wrote:

5. If you are planning to play a squad and are unsure about a rules interaction, please either message Jason, myself, TJ, or Joe, or post a question on the forums. It's better to have the opportunity to work things out than to show up at the event and have a wrong ruling, or have something not work the way you thought.

This 100%
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2024 7:51:18 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
4. Pay attention to the squad-building rules and maplists for the events you want to play in. They are not all "standard."

I am seeing current restricted map list for all of these events (except for the v26 event), and I just wanted to clarify that I am not missing something. Thanks
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2024 1:14:33 PM

Yeah, in the past we have varied the maps more. I think you are correct.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2024 11:46:34 PM

Getting excited! Can't wait to see everyone!
Caedus
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2024 10:59:22 AM

So Jealous, but this is my last committed year with the school, so hopefully next year!
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2024 12:53:30 PM

Will there be Wednesday Evening Gaming tomorrow evening, as there has been in the past? (Granted, the last time I was at GenCon was in 2016, so things may very well have changed since then.)
AceAce
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2024 3:29:40 PM

Awesome, can't wait
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, August 1, 2024 3:57:46 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:

3. The latest full V-set is currently in the squad builder. It has been fully spoiled on SHNN.

Can you share how we can access these?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, August 1, 2024 8:02:17 PM

I initially left the set semi-public a couple of weeks ago when I added it to bloomilk (you could see the characters in the squad-builder) but people were asking about it so I decided to make them private just until GenCon. They'll be fully accessible again from the day of the championship (3 August) onwards.