RegisterDonateLogin

Well, if there's a bright center to the internet, you're on the website that it's farthest from.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2024 GenCon SWMGamers Event list Options
jew3
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2024 6:19:01 AM
Groups: Member

The event list is live. This link will take you directly to the SWMGamers events listing.

https://www.gencon.com/events?search=SWM
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2024 8:08:33 AM

Question, for V-Set pieces, what sort of proxies are allowed? Do I have to use V-Set recommendations or can I use 3D prints?
jew3
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2024 8:58:39 AM

Reasonable proxies are allowed. If you’re using ObiWan it needs to be a human male mini, an Ewok on hang glider isn’t allowed. But if you’re using an Obi from Shatterpoint or Imperial Assault or 3D printed, that’s fine. Just make sure your opponent can reasonably tell your squad apart.
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2024 9:13:00 AM

Thanks!
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2024 9:52:03 AM

jew3 wrote:
Reasonable proxies are allowed. If you’re using ObiWan it needs to be a human male mini, an Ewok on hang glider isn’t allowed. But if you’re using an Obi from Shatterpoint or Imperial Assault or 3D printed, that’s fine. Just make sure your opponent can reasonably tell your squad apart.

Just to confirm, if I 3D printed and painted up a Snoke, and he is at the necessary scale, that's fine? Your last post sounds like a yes, I just want confirmation I can use 3D prints that are reasonable proxies.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2024 9:56:22 AM

One thing I have started doing is using a Label Printer to print off the names of the characters and then stick that name to the base of the mini...it makes things much easier during gameplay.
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2024 10:22:08 AM

I did not realize it was a $90 entry to GenCon so I am not coming up unfortunately. Thanks for all the clarifying information though.
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2024 7:30:44 AM

I've done a careful read of the event listing, and there are a PILE of events! So many of them look like a lot of fun:
--Jedi Purge sounds really interesting; I've never played in an event like this but it sounds awesome
--Imperial Assault Hunger Games
--Mass Battles of various sorts
--Pod Racing is always popular, from what I hear

Here are the events that are regular competition Star Wars Miniatures as we know it:

Thursday 9:00 am: 175pt Faction Pure Tournament
Create a faction pure squad that is 175 points or less to battle it out. Build in your favorite faction (fringe is not allowed unless it is an all-fringe squad). Characters with affinity will be allowed in whichever factions they can legally be in.

Map List: Restricted
4 hours, $8

Thursday 8:00 pm: 200pt Team Tournament
Light Side/Dark Side 200pts. One person from each team must play a Lightside squad, and the other must play a Darkside squad. Only one copy of each Unique PER TEAM. If you don't have a teammate, we will try and match up single players.

Lightside factions: Old Republic, Republic, Rebel, New Republic, all-Fringe
Darkside factions: Sith, Separatist, Imperial, Yuuzhan Vong, Mandalorian

4 hours, $10

Friday 9:00 am: 200pt All Faction Battle
10 activations. 1 per faction. Affinity doesn't work. Build a squad with exactly 10 activations, one from each faction.
Affinity does not work, and the faction will be determined by the faction symbol on the card.

4 hours, $8

Saturday 10:00 am: 200pt Championship (and the Championship Finals follows at 6:00 but it's really 1 event)
200 pt faction legal tournament. 4 Swiss rounds. Top 4 advance to the finals.

6 hours, $24
[3 more hours for the playoff rounds if you qualify in the Swiss rounds]

Sunday 10:00 am: 150pt V-Set 26 Sealed Event
Use 2 boosters of customized miniatures (14 in total) from v-set 26 to construct a 150-point squad. 4 rounds of Swiss.

Map List: Standard
5 hours, $34 (it costs more because you're getting a bunch of custom miniatures!)

Just for clarification, here are the maps on the Restricted Map List:
--Ravaged Base (aka Commander's Office)
--Remote Listening Post
--Frigid Outpost
--Great Library
--Starport District
--Pirate's Moon SW

The Standard Map List (used only for the Sealed event) is freakin' huge. You can look up the options here: http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=31754

adamchristopherjonesy
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2024 11:39:59 AM

Hello, I saw the Star Wars Pod Racing event on Gen Con's events, and was wondering if this is something for me and my crew. We love Star Wars, but have no experience in any Star Wars Miniatures games (except for me playing one 8-hour long game of Armada man years ago).

urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2024 7:28:37 AM

adamchristopherjonesy wrote:
Hello, I saw the Star Wars Pod Racing event on Gen Con's events, and was wondering if this is something for me and my crew. We love Star Wars, but have no experience in any Star Wars Miniatures games (except for me playing one 8-hour long game of Armada man years ago).

Yes this is something for you.

It is its own set of homebrew rules (taught there) and is a super fun, super casual racing style game where you get to have fun racing podracers.
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2024 7:33:27 AM

there are only a few spots left for some of our events, so if you haven't bought your event tickets yet, please do so.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2024 5:30:05 PM

Some of the SWM events are sold out. Is it possible to increase the size/capacity for those events?
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2024 5:13:55 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Some of the SWM events are sold out. Is it possible to increase the size/capacity for those events?

for the minis tournaments and such, we should be able to take an extra player or two with generics (working on getting extra stuff for sealed).

For things like pod racing or mass battles, the game was designed with a certain number of players so adding players really doesn't work. However, there are occasions where a player with a ticket doesn't show up, so if interested please show up with generics and you may be able to play.
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2024 4:48:48 PM

Bump