RegisterDonateLogin

Lock the door, and hope they don't have straws.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

You moved another Thread???? Options
dnemiller
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:17:53 PM
Groups: Member

DarthJak wrote:
dnemiller wrote:

By the way the next time you are in the same room as me please come over and introduce yourself so I can repay your years of kindness towards me.

We met at GenCon this year.

Really well next time mention who you are that will hold a lot of weight with me.
jedispyder
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:18:31 PM

Guys, calm down. Don't go too far this time.
Ruhk
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:18:36 PM

in the context of my question, or what dnemiller posted?
in either case that would make them violations of the CoC correct? And then the posts should be edited to some someone sensibilities...
In Legelese.. would that make noe that you are violating the CoC by not editing the posts? hmmmm, curse you circular logic!!
DarthJak
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:21:40 PM

jedispyder wrote:
As I posted in the other thread, we need to calm down. We don't want to become an angry mob with pitch forks...I prefer wooden body spoons, they're so much more fun when you swing them around, especially when on fire.

I don't think it was deleted but moved instead. If it was deleted, well Cursing

it was moved
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:21:55 PM

jedispyder wrote:
Guys, calm down. Don't go too far this time.

Doesn't matter.

He's already written what was obviously a CoC violation in this very thread in baiting, it was mentioned by multiple people, and he deleted all mention of it. He's deleting all the evidence, why worry about the responders crossing the line? If a mod isn't going to be held accountable, why should the posters? After all, Jak already told us that Shinja fully supports everything he has done on this site as a mod.

That should tell you all you need to know about the issue.
dnemiller
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:24:50 PM

no Jak would not bait like he has time and time again and then remove the evidence.... no chance of that there has to be a mistake.

Maybe the server has a glitch!!! That must be it!!!!

Man you play this game so good!!! You have snuck one right by all of us.
jedispyder
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:25:56 PM

Well, I'm glad I saved the webpage with his baiting comments. I just sent it to Shinja as proof of what is going on.
dnemiller
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:38:11 PM

DarthJak wrote:
dnemiller wrote:

Now remove the stats please and then ban me or whatever I dont care

Are you referring to the V-set stats, that dreadtech posted?
I'll remove them with Shinja's ok.

Not a problem I am done here. I will talk to dreadech and ask him to remove it. Somehow I imagine he will.

I am sorry to the rest of the bloomilk community that you will not be able to get the stats here. Registration is free at gamers and you can also check on the other sites. The reason nothing will be shown here is Darth Jak and his modding actions. Since apparently Shinja approves of this kiind of abuse then there is no appeal to be made. I will of course expect that shinja understands that the v-set is a gamers property and will not be used in the squad building program which resides here. Take care Darth Jak-Ass

Darth Jak - Off

Or whatever you want to be called.... enjoy your little power trip here.
DarthJak
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:39:41 PM

billiv15 wrote:
After all, Jak already told us that Shinja fully supports everything he has done on this site as a mod.

I said I talked with him. He doesn't fully "support everything", but we talked about it.
shinja
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 3:28:54 PM
Groups: Administration

I talked to Jak about the posts he deleted/moved today. I was satisfied with his reasons and motivations for the most part. What I disagreed with was the lack of accountability in his actions. From now on, when he deletes a post, he will let the poster know that their post was deleted and why. I apologize to anyone who was left feeling like this is a hostile posting environment because of his actions today.

As for baiting, that is a very difficult line to draw.

In my mind, there is nothing remotely baiting about saying that Bloo Milk is an ad-free site. Frankly 99% of the sites on the Internet are either trying to sell you something, or have ads on them. The fact that Bloo Milk doesn't, is pretty out of the norm, and it supported his point about donating. I don't ask for money, (and frankly I asked him to tone it down in the future, because I don't want anyone to ever feel obligated to give money to the site).

Nor do I feel there was any baiting in his attempted apology that Sashlon pasted at the beginning of this thread.

JediSpyder e-mailed me a comment of Jak's. Jak had actually told me about the post on the phone earlier. It honestly wasn't that bad (1 joking comment surrounded by smilies). But he rightly deleted it shortly after posting it, because he realized it was causing more trouble. With the current crappy Forum software on Bloo Milk, that has the side effect of deleting every post that was quoting that post as well.

I'm going to lock this thread. If anyone wants to talk to me about this further, please e-mail me (shinja@live.com).