RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo Milk travels single file to hide its numbers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

really?!? Options
OSUcowpoke
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:48:43 AM
Groups: Member

I thought this is where you went to discuss problems instead another thread get vaped
Eroschilles
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 3:48:02 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It should be a rather un-subtle hint that there might be something inherently wrong with a thread for it to be removed. If the entire point of a thread is to bait someone or instigate or perpetuate a flame war, then it is highly likely that said thread would be removed. If the topic of the thread itself is fine, and posts within the thread can be percieved as baiting or another violation of the CoC, then only those posts are edited/deleted. If someone had qouted the post that was edited/deleted, that person's post may also be affected in that it may be deleted due to a glitch.

SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:45:28 AM

Can someone please tell me what's going on here? I start reading the forums, and all of the sudden I come across two locked threads where people are griping at a moderator, accusing him of baiting and covering his tracks by deleting posts, getting Shinja involved, etc. etc. I'd really like to know what's going on; I'm not understanding any of this. Would it be possible for someone to BM me the comment that initially started this whole debacle?
OSUcowpoke
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:56:59 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
Can someone please tell me what's going on here? I start reading the forums, and all of the sudden I come across two locked threads where people are griping at a moderator, accusing him of baiting and covering his tracks by deleting posts, getting Shinja involved, etc. etc. I'd really like to know what's going on; I'm not understanding any of this. Would it be possible for someone to BM me the comment that initially started this whole debacle?

there is no point the mod in question has already been told that he is in the right so the same old crap just continues of him getting to do what he wants
kenred2
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:59:20 AM

I understand your concerns with one of our moderators, but we will keep an eye out on the moderation and the future problems that may arise. But for now, if you know that one of your posts are deleted (perhaps by accident or on purpose), please let me, Sithborg, or Huk know of the situation and we will take care of it. Thank you

By then, I do hope it does not hinder you from posting within our forums
Grand Master Tactician
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:05:42 AM

Another thread is locked. Stupid wars...
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:13:54 AM

Well, thanks to a kind member of this site (who I shall leave anonymous), I now understand the general background of what caused the incident, and I think it's all rather childish. I realize the two main persons in this argument have some negative history with each other that I don't know about, but I still think the whole thing is getting old.

Quite honestly, I'd like to see all public discussion on the forums about this whole incident dropped. It was blown way out of proportion, but now it is done and over with, and continuing to talk about it isn't going to change anything. I don't necessarily agree with what happened to cause the incident, and I think everybody who commented on the issue who didn't know anything about the basic background of the conflict just jumped on board and saw it as an opportunity to take sides in a huge argument and try to act like they knew what was going on, when in reality they didn't. Everybody, including the two who caused this whole debacle, in my opinion, greatly overreacted, and now look at what has happened. I'm not solely blaming those two; anyone who wanted to "get in on the action" and decided to start throwing verbal punches is at fault, and quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about this stupid thing.

I swear, if I see one more thread started about this incident........ I don't even know. Oh, and for all you overly-sensitive folk out there, this is not a threat in any way, shape, or form; I'm just sick of this whole thing.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2010 9:35:19 AM

kenred2 wrote:
I understand your concerns with one of our moderators, but we will keep an eye out on the moderation and the future problems that may arise. But for now, if you know that one of your posts are deleted (perhaps by accident or on purpose), please let me, Sithborg, or Huk know of the situation and we will take care of it. Thank you

As I am no longer a moderator (of my own choice), please send your mail to Kenred2, ArtemisCFrog, Eroschilles, or Sithborg.

As a former mod, I would suggest sending any comments or problems with any moderator to Shinja directly.

Also as a former mod, I will say that moderators have a fine line they should not cross when posting as members. They have to remember that they are moderators above being a member and must hold to BOTH codes of conduct. (not one or the other)

I also love the idea of a moderator never being allowed to "mod" any post or thread where they are an active participant in the discussion. I believe that should be a key rule that needs adopted on this site.
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2010 3:17:53 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
kenred2 wrote:

As I am no longer a moderator (of my own choice), please send your mail to Kenred2, ArtemisCFrog, Eroschilles, or Sithborg.

As a former mod, I would suggest sending any comments or problems with any moderator to Shinja directly.

Also as a former mod, I will say that moderators have a fine line they should not cross when posting as members. They have to remember that they are moderators above being a member and must hold to BOTH codes of conduct. (not one or the other)

I also love the idea of a moderator never being allowed to "mod" any post or thread where they are an active participant in the discussion. I believe that should be a key rule that needs adopted on this site.

As a current mod, I concur with all above. Most especially the last paragraph.