RegisterDonateLogin

5.5% Force By Vol

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Squad builder - reserves/reinforcements issue? Options
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:02:22 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

This came to my attention when I was reviewing recent squad comments, and happened to notice one of my squads listed.

The squad in question had Lobot, and for some reason my preferred reinforcements were not there. (I'm fairly sure I had listed them). I clicked the "modify" link, and there was no option to add them.

I'm going to investigate this further and will let Shinja know if encounter this in other squads. Posting here in case others have noticed the same thing.

If some of you could check your squads (especially older ones) that use reserves/reinforcements and post a reply if you see the issue, that would help in confirming if the problem is widespread.

Thanks. BlooMilk
curler88j
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:19:26 AM
Groups: Member

i have seen this before i went to edit one of my squads and no option to modify lobot or others reserve/reinforcement choices was there i removed a character and then they were back.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:19:40 AM

Followup - here is the issue in more detail. READ CAREFULLY!

IMPORTANT: If you click the "Modify" link on a squad with a reserves/reinforcements character in it, be sure the "Faction Pure" checkbox is not selected (unless it is intended to be) before you click the Update button, or you will lose your fringe support.

(you would click Modify to change the squad name, point level, faction pure, restrict to collection, etc)

If you have squads where reinforcements/reserves were listed, you might find that the extra characters are not showing up when you view the squad, and that the dropdown to enter them does not appear when in edit mode.

I had to remove Lobot (etc) and replace him to get the dropdown back, and then replace the missing characters.
Edit: curler88j found an simpler solution, which I had not noticed

Recommendation: take no action until Shinja has looked into this, as the information still exists in the database, and the problem seems to be with the display code.

Please post here if you are affected by this glitch, so Shinja will be aware of the scope of the issue. (in case it's just me ;)
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:20:54 AM

curler88j wrote:
i have seen this before i went to edit one of my squads and no option to modify lobot or others reserve/reinforcement choices was there i removed a character and then they were back.

The reserves characters came back after changing another character?

Edit: - yep, that trick worked. I've e-mailed Shinja with the information.
curler88j
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:07:15 AM

swinefeld wrote:
curler88j wrote:

The reserves characters came back after changing another character?

Edit: - yep, that trick worked. I've e-mailed Shinja with the information.

yep any character worked i figured that the removing a character causes the builder to sort of reload the page or something. sorry if my first post wasn't real specific i typed it in class in a rush
curler88j
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:10:23 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Please post here if you are affected by this glitch, so Shinja will be aware of the scope of the issue. (in case it's just me ;)

seems like just me and you so far
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:22:30 AM

curler88j wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

seems like just me and you so far

We're just lucky I guess. :P

Thanks for the info - very helpful. BlooMilk