RegisterDonateLogin

Will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Feature Request: DotF or other custom pieces included with 'restrict by collection' Options
eMouse
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:53:43 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It's been pointed out that if you're army-building and use 'Restrict by Collection', a custom set like DotF is excluded from the list.

What would be the best way to address this for DotF and other figures added in the future that don't meet the usual concept of being in someone's 'collection'?

Allow users to add DotF as a single block to their collection?
- As a side question, should a player have an infinite number of such figures available in the inventory list?

Allow users to add individual DotF figures to their collection, just like existing sets?

Should the DotF figures just be included in the figure list? (this choice might go best with the set filter request)

Are there other ways to handle it? What do you think?
jak
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:48:28 AM
Groups: Member

I think some members want to build squads with all the WotC minis.
If they don't have the piece, they can't do this.
My suggestion to those members is to add the WotC minis to their haves, then when they restrict by collection, they'll get the minis they want to choose from that list.
eMouse
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:58:14 AM

jak wrote:
I think some members want to build squads with all the WotC minis.
If they don't have the piece, they can't do this.
My suggestion to those members is to add the WotC minis to their haves, then when they restrict by collection, they'll get the minis they want to choose from that list.

That's sort of the opposite problem, and addressable with a set filter option, which is being discussed in another thread. If you want to build a force with figures you don't have, you can just uncheck the 'restrict by collection'.

Currently, if you want to build a force which is restricted by your personal collection, but also includes figures from a set like DotF, there's really no way to do that easily.
keith
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 6:48:00 PM
Groups: Member

eMouse wrote:

Currently, if you want to build a force which is restricted by your personal collection, but also includes figures from a set like DotF, there's really no way to do that easily.

This is exactly what I was talking about in the "Removing Destiny of the Force?" thread.

I discovered the game right before Masters of the Force came out so my collection isn't the greatest yet and this would be a big help.

I think the idea of having each set able to be toggled on/off during squad building (while taking your minis inventory in to account if you choose) is great and would appease everyone.
eMouse
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 3:53:27 AM

keith wrote:
eMouse wrote:

This is exactly what I was talking about in the "Removing Destiny of the Force?" thread.

Yes, that's exactly where it came from. I thought it was important enough that I didn't want to see it get lost in a derailed thread. And, it technically is a separate issue from what was being requested in that thread.