RegisterDonateLogin

The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Why no starship battles? Options
Desslok
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:30:27 AM
Groups: Member

A simple question: is there any reason - well, aside from the game totally sucks - that Starship Battles is not represented around here? I would have figured that being the same company with the same sort of premise (more or less) that it would have been a natural match.

At the very least, something in the collection tracker would be nice since I'm too lazy to build a spreadsheet for it. :)
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:03:15 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Desslok wrote:
A simple question: is there any reason - well, aside from the game totally sucks - that Starship Battles is not represented around here? I would have figured that being the same company with the same sort of premise (more or less) that it would have been a natural match.

At the very least, something in the collection tracker would be nice since I'm too lazy to build a spreadsheet for it. :)

Shinja has indicated in the past that this (the collection tracker stuff) was something he had thought about, but that it was low priority compared to a bunch of other stuff the site needs.

As far as the SSB game, check out SWMGamers.com for updated rules, and/or contact Engineer about it. I haven't played it (I don't own any), but by many accounts the updated rules are far superior to what WotC put together.

Hope that is helpful. BlooMilk
SquelchDog
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 8:53:42 AM

Ahh......swinefeld beat me to it, was going to say the same thing. Smile From what I read it sounded cool, but I haven't tried it yet. That would be cool if we could track them. Also, I think I might possibly have a small amount of extra Star ships that I keep meaning to add to my trade thread. Once I do give it a look see Desslok, I might have something you need. Wink Might want to BM me and remind me though.
Desslok
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:29:57 AM

Yeah, I figured that it was something like that - too many things to do, not nearly enough time. No big whoop, I was more just curious than anything.

And the rules over on SSG would have to be superior to the WotC rules. They couldnt get much worse (unless you were playing with, oh say, Candyland or Chutes and Ladders rules)

Oh, and Squelchy: you've got mail!
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:58:14 AM

Desslok wrote:
Oh, and Squelchy: you've got mail!

Just hit ya back with one brother! Laugh

What's wrong with CandyLand and Chutes and Ladders! Those are Classics! Next you'll be bagging on Yahtzee and then we'll be scrapping! Flapper
space lobster
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:05:22 AM

to answer the OP's Q:
because they rhyme with DUCKS
IMHO