RegisterDonateLogin

What if I told you that Bloo Milk was now under the control of a dark lord of the Sith?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bloomilk Championship 2009 Options
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 11:35:32 AM
Groups: Member

Ah, man I totally want to be there! Too bad I'm on the other side of the country. Let me know where you have the 1st annual Detroit Bloo Milk Championship.
Omnus
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 12:55:51 PM

Anyone who is interested in the custom event who thinks they will be attending, please send me a PM. If I get a better idea how many customs will be in it, I can up the prizes alot : )

Anyone thinking about getting a hotel room near by, let me know. it will help me get some discounts if I have an idea how many and I can give you an idea on the discounts
shinja
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 2:36:23 AM
Groups: Administration

Bob Chizo wrote:
ha shinja ONLY 8 feet tall, i bet hes at least as tall as a bull rancor, and i here he crushes the brachiocephalic artery of bad Bloo Milk membersScared

Yes, and he consumes his enemies with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his... Laugh
Volvagia14
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 3:53:18 AM

I wish I could make it, it sounds like allot of fun :(
tereusthegreat
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:46:39 PM

This is awesome... My group has been looking for some bigger and dci tournys hit in driving distance... Does anyone know of anything else going on the west coast Oregon would be even better....
Count 4 of us for this trip for sure!
Doogle126
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:57:26 PM

Question, what is the exact address to this "uncle's Games" is it in the mall that i see on Google maps?
also, if anyone that is in Bellevue Washington can help me find some prices on hotels near the gamestore, i be very grateful Pm me if you would like to help us!
Nightwalker
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:05:39 PM

As a representative of Bellevue

Where: Uncle's Games
http://www.unclesgames.com/stores.php
Crossroads Mall
15600 NE 8th Ave., Suite K10, Bellevue, WA
(425)746-1539
Azavander
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 3:24:29 AM

So my wife gave me the green light and this will be the first tourney I have attended, and I am dragging another first timer with me. A few questions: How long does it normally run? Is the starting time 11:00 so we need to be there before than to register? I do not have a DCI number do I get one there or register online somewhere first?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 3:33:07 AM

For regionals we had registration at around 10-10:30 and we started around 11. I'd plan, with the number of people that are planning to come that this will run somewhere in the ballpark of 6+ rounds and time between rounds for parrings. I'd say somewhere around 7+ hours.
10-10:30 for registration would be the optimal time for signing up.

You can fill out a DCI card when you get there, our judges would be glad to help you. or if you'd rather register for DCI ahead of time you can send in-game mail to Cybit who would be glad to help get that all sorted out for you.

I hope this helped if you have any nmore qustions feel free to ask away.
Omnus
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 4:20:12 AM

You can do a DCI card that morning if you want, or Cybit can probably send you one. its a pretty quick deal.

For the event, each round is 1 hour with some room for rounds that go long. Based on the number of players we expect 6 rounds. At regionals we started round 1 at noon but almost everyone was there by 11 getting signed up early, trading and getting food. The start time for Bloomilk will be 11-noon, the exact time will probably be decided in september. I do suggest being 30 minues to an hour early to get signed up.

At sign up you will need to fill out a quick form with whats in your 150 point squad and what map you are playing with for the event. If you have any questions about how pieces interact with each other feel free to message me in advance. I will we be one of 3 judges/organizers for the event. I would make you understand gambit scoring but I would be happy to go over it with anyone before or at the event.
Azavander
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 4:48:01 AM

Thanks for the info It gives me a good idea of what to expect, In the mean time I will be doing practice games at home with Gambit for the first time, I get the concept, is there somewhere that shows a good place on how to mark the map. I seen the DCI floor rules so do I just mark it in the center accordingly? I assume it is the closest to the center for the 5 bonus points each round? Is there a good method of doing so with out drawing all over my map? I like to keep them looking pretty :P

I am really excited to come up for the tourney, I used to play tourneys and leagues with the old Decipher CCG and getting back into that again so my pieces do not just sit there in their plastic tombs is really exciting.
Sithfan
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 5:01:33 AM

To get the bonus points, you don't need to be closest to center, you just have to have a character in the gambit zone (as shown in sec. 622 of the SWM Floor Rules) at the end of the round..

Omnus
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 5:03:34 AM

At the end of every round where you have a character in the gambit area, you gain 5 points. Some maps have the center marked. Some players have poster sized hard plastic sleeves that fit the maps and you can use dry erase markers on the case to mark gambit. Those cases are for sale in Bellevue.
Gau
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 3:10:51 AM

Apparently there is a huge cluster of birthdays surrounding this event...myself, wulfric, and Nightwalker, at least. I would already be taking the time off, so I will certainly be there to offer free wins to anyone fortunate enough to pull me in pairings.

No, really, I've only won one DCI game.

(Oh noes I'm talking crap again!)
Azavander
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:32:38 AM

Thats one more than me! :P
tereusthegreat
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:17:00 PM

So a group of us is heading up from the middle of Oregon... We will be up the night before we want to get a few players to test the night before... Is trees a certain hotel everyone is staying at??
Azavander
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:50:23 AM

What part of Oregon? My friend and I are coming up from Eugene
MAINEiac
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:56:06 AM

and we're heading up from Redding, CA. We are also trying to get there the night before. No clue where we're staying yet.
RevRevGar
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:59:32 AM

MAINEiac wrote:
and we're heading up from Redding, CA. We are also trying to get there the night before. No clue where we're staying yet.

My brother and I were down there a couple months ago and were looking for an LGS but then decided Redding must not have one...

-RevRevGar
mercenary_moose
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:03:00 AM

Sad; I live in Idaho. So close, and yet so far away...