RegisterDonateLogin

Does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Starship Battles? Options
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:47:32 AM
Groups: Member

Maybe it's just me, but I think it would be nice if Bloomilk would add the Starship Battles figures to the otherwise complete collection of SWM stats. I know the stats for the SB figures are rather difficult to find online, but with over 3,000 Bloomilk members, I'm sure that it wouldn't be too difficult for members to give the stats for the figures they have, and I'm sure that the site could get the stats for all 60. Then this site truly would be the best and only website out there that has stats for every SWM ever produced.
ChuckaFett
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 11:14:24 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

I would agree, would love to see SSB added to Bloomilk.
SquelchDog
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 12:07:27 PM

I would have to agree! SSB added to the site would be great. BlooMilk
Chargers
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 11:42:20 PM

Would the stats reflect the original WotC version or the version 2.0 stats created by the guys at Gamers?

I haven't played either (never picked up the ships due to horrible reviews of the original game, haven't tried the new game yet), but it sounds like v2.0 is the better game.
ChuckaFett
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 4:45:36 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

I'd be more interested in seeing the original stats myself.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 5:28:08 AM

Chargers wrote:
Would the stats reflect the original WotC version or the version 2.0 stats created by the guys at Gamers?

I haven't played either (never picked up the ships due to horrible reviews of the original game, haven't tried the new game yet), but it sounds like v2.0 is the better game.

I'm not familiar with the "v2.0" stats you're describing, but I agree with ChuckaFett: the original stats would be better (except for the fact that Wizards screwed up and forgot to give Y-Wings the "Bomber" ability Angry ).

I think the only reason the original game received such poor reviews is because there was ever only one set. Unlike the rest of SWMs, which has hundreds of figures and a lot of time and effort put into them, Wizards basically got sidetracked and decided to take a temporary detour from the SW EU to make the SSB set, so the overall playability of the SSB set was greatly reduced due to the fact that it was never meant to expand and is just limited to the 60 original figures. Think Rebel Storm: SSB is like what SWM would be if it was limited to RS.
Darthbane53
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 8:52:20 AM

I never really played them but I agree, It would be nice!
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 4:21:27 AM

Breaking News! I just found a website that has the stats for all the figures in one place!Woot It also has the Fleet Commander effects, and the one-page abbreviated rules for the game. Check it out: http://dantooine.hardscribble.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=27 (Figure stats are on the "Starship Battles set spoiler" page)

Also, check out the petition I started to bring the Starship Battles Set stats to BlooMilk. "Bring 'Forgotten Set' Stats to BlooMilk" Petition: http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7418