RegisterDonateLogin

Many Bothans died to bring us this Milk...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Feature Request: Set filters Options
eMouse
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:42:38 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

This thread is to collect input on user requests for a feature that would allow you to exclude a particular sets or classes of sets from the list of available figures.

Some examples include...
Being able to restrict the figure list to figures made by WotC
Being able to restrict the figure list to tournament legal sets (which implies including scenario figures in the database)
Being able to restrict to a particular set

The most flexible solution would seem to be allowing users to filter by set. So for the examples above...
You could deselect figures from scenarios, custom sets, or non-WotC sources
You could deselect scenario figures or any set that wasn't tournament legal (maybe you're doing a restricted set event)
You could select only one set, and deselect the rest

If you have requests or input related to this feature or how it would work, feel free to leave your input.

For instance, I'm thinking it should be 'official tournament' sets are 'on' by default, with a 'toggle' function, to make narrowing to a small number of sets easier (deselect the sets you actually want to keep, then click 'toggle').

Alternative solutions are also welcome.

Please keep discussion on subject.
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:07:59 AM
Groups: Member

I like restrict by set. A different way to play.
Showing my total noob status in tournaments - isn't everything legal?
wannabe mexican
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:31:54 AM

I'm in favour of being able to restrict by set. So having a box for each set and having the option to deselect the sets you don't want included while building a squad.
billiv15
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:53:20 AM

Support this feature. I think being able to restrict by set would be a good idea if it's not too difficult to put together, although I'd put it on a fairly low priority.
eMouse
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:54:49 AM

juice man wrote:
I like restric by set. A different way to play.
Showing my total noob status in tournaments - isn't everything legal?

Currently, everything in the database is, but I'm considering if I managed to convince Shinja to include some of the special scenario figures WotC created, or if someone were to run a special rules event which was set restricted, say for a release event or something similar.
Squid89
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:01:18 AM

I think it is a great idea to be able to select only certain sets. It's a feature I've gotten used to using in the MiniManager query function. Not nearly as involved as Bloomilk with interactions of abilities and everything, so I don't know how much of a coding headache it would be. In the mean time, folks could use MiniManager to filter out sets although it would be much nicer to have it online here at Bloomilk :)
Rikalonius
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:01:48 AM

wannabe mexican wrote:
I'm in favour of being able to restrict by set. So having a box for each set and having the option to deselect the sets you don't want included while building a squad.

I like this feature. It makes it easier than selecting all the sets you do want. As others have stated, this would give you the option to remove older sets as well.
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:42:42 PM

I think this would be a cool feature to have. And I'm 99% certain Fool would like it too. His Leagues usually run with sets being taken out every week or every other week or something to that effect. Wink
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:48:09 PM

Moving this to the appropriate thread...

saeseetiin wrote:
I have actually was thinking about playing the game with just the first 2 sets just for the old school feel and I wasn't able to make a squad because there was no way for me to take out certain sets so I think it would be a good idea to be able to remove any of the sets.