RegisterDonateLogin

How wude!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Custom Character Spamming NEEDS TO STOP. Options
Darthbane53
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 7:49:42 AM
Groups: Member

I have put up with it for a while but this is getting ridiculous. I love the custom fourms on here and like seeing what other people have come up with but I cant really do that any more. This has been going on for a while but it seems some people are spamming the custom characters link. I can understand if you have a set or two you had stashed away some where that you manage to put them all on here in a day or two but there are some people (not going to say names) who are loading 30-40 characters a DAY for now MONTHS on end. Its just rediculous. Also today I just draw the line, its supposed to be a place to share STARWARS stats for use with STAR WARS MINIATURES, I would not include (and yes, these are the names spamming our customs) 1)Eye of Sauron 2) Mace Windu on Crack 3)Doggy 4) [I.E. all of these contain Profanity with in the description]. I propose having a Customs Tab Moderator (Which I would volunteer for if needed) and a cap to the amount of characters you can upload in a day. Maybe 15 or 20, because even if you have a full 60 character set, it wont kill you to take three days to upload it. Please some one help to keep the sanctity of these great fourms that we are given as a privilege to use.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 8:02:54 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

There were bound to be a few odd choices, people like the idea of crossovers. And really, it was a feature that was going to be used a lot. Not a lot to do about that.

I think an "out of universe" option would be a good feature for customs.

Please link to any figs that have names/powers that contain profanities. Due to nature of the customs, it will have to be handled by Shinja, as it likely requires admin powers to edit/delete them. Though it would be nice if the mods had that power.
Darthbane53
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 8:12:01 AM

jedispyder
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 8:17:53 AM

All the "crack" minis were done by Tyranus421.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 8:23:01 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

You don't have to post all of them. Just post the offender, and I will be sure to review them. But it does look like some editting needs to be done.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 8:32:39 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yep, that's just plain obnoxious. Add another item to the list of mod feature requests.
CerousMutor
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 8:42:59 AM

Hey! I take offense to the inclusion of Ch'uk Nor'yys in that list!Flapper
I made him in exactly the same way Timothy Zahn made Jorj Car'das. George Lucas!? Get it?
I agree with policeing for things that can be offensive but policing it for what you think is good or right goes totally against the idea of customizing. Cursing

Keep it fun peeps!
qvos
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 9:35:25 AM

CerousMutor wrote:
Hey! I take offense to the inclusion of Ch'uk Nor'yys in that list!Flapper
I made him in exactly the same way Timothy Zahn made Jorj Car'das. George Lucas!? Get it?
I agree with policeing for things that can be offensive but policing it for what you think is good or right goes totally against the idea of customizing. Cursing

Keep it fun peeps!
Ya, No need to go overboard . Some of them are pretty fun and Funny. However I do agree that the crack and the swearing should not be allowed. I must admit that I did have a little snicker when i read the 1st two but then I thought that it probably is inappropriate. I do hope CerousMotor continues with his which are humorus and inventive.
Darthbane53
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 9:45:29 AM

Ok, I agree and apologise, I was quite peeved when I posted this, regardless I think (I know its not my place to order this because its Shinjas decision) but I think there should be a section for stuff like that and a section for "real" star wars stats.