RegisterDonateLogin

Is as precise as Imperial Stormtroopers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bloomilk Championship 2009 Options
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 10:59:53 AM
Groups: Member

Once upon a time...In a suburb far far away...sort of...

On October 10th, 2009...

The First Annual Bloomilk Championship will be at Uncle's Games in Bellevue, WA.

The event will be 150 points following all DCI rules.
Entry fee: $10
Start time: 11am

Prize Support:

Top 15 players will be able to choose from various Promo Re-paints from past sets. Some of the promos being awarded are: Caamasi Noble (Force Unleashed), Mandalorian Captain (KotoR), Mistryl Shadowguard (Bounty Hunters), Dark Jedi Master (CotF), Sith Marauder (KotoR), Elite Rebel Commando (LotF) and Ugnaught Demolitionist (Cotf).

First Place will recieve a full case of boosters from any set the Store has available. There will also be another 2+ cases of boosters handed out at the event. More players the more prizes we will give out. Uncle's Games has thrown its full support behind the Bloomilk Championship and is allowing us to give out an amazing amount of prizes.

Everyone who participates in the event will have a 20% discount on all Star Wars Miniatures, Dice, Sleeves, and Map Sleeves that day.

In addition the winner of the Bloomilk Championship will be able to choose a Unique Character that will be come their Bloomilk Title on the forums. So you could be "Emperor Palpatine, Sith Lord", "Grand Master Yoda", "Darth Revan" or "C3P0, Ewok Diety" which is bound to make you the envy of all your Bloomilk friends : )

Shinja, Cybit and myself (Omnus) will be organizing as well as judging the event.

Come out and meet the Legendary Shinja, Creator of Bloomilk : ) He may even sign something for you : ) Play some minis, get some prizes, meet some new players, trade minis, and possibly get some Bloomilk Gear : )

At the First Annual Bloomilk Championship there will also be the Bloomilk Custom Challenge! Bring your favorite repaint, or modified miniature and see if it can win you some prizes!

Entry fee: $5
Prizes: First Place will recieve 3 Boosters (This is assuming a minimum of 6 people participate, any more will add more prizes to the Custom Challenge).

Also first place in the Bloomilk Custom Challenge will also be able to choose a Unique Character that will be come their Bloomilk Title on the forums. So you could be "Grand Master Luke Skywalker", "Darth Maul, Champion of the Sith", "Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter" or "Dr. Evazan" which is bound to make you the envy of all your Bloomilk friends except whoever wins the Bloomilk Championship...that person gets first pick : )

You do not have to play in the Bloomilk Championship to particpate in the Bloomilk Custom Challenge. The entry fees are seperate. But you can do both if you want. Everyone involved with the event gets 1 vote and you cannot vote for yourself : ) Make sure to come by the Judge's Table and see the Customs and cast your vote between rounds! You may even be able to shake the Legendary Shinja's Hand when you do! I hear he is 8 feet tall and shoots lightning from his eyes!

More details to be announced...
seibermaki
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:16:57 AM

This sounds cool. And on the West Coast. Hmm, October 10th.. About 9+ hours to drive there... or drive 2, fly 2.

Naturally, I'll need some actual SWM SKILL to compete heh.

Do you have to be a DCI member to participate? I don't know much about DCI, I just know all the Magic players at our local shop use it when they play the tournaments there.
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:31:54 AM

We have DCI cards at the store. You just put your name and contact information on the card and our T.O. takes cares of the rest. Your DCI number will then be used to when you play in a DCI to show your participation.

By doing events through DCI, it lets wizards know how many people are playing, and what areas have growing support. In a time like this, where Wizards is providing more support for SWM than ever (First time for Regionals) its helpful to be doing events through DCI so they can see the growth and will hopefully provide more support for SWM in the future.

We have players of all skill levels and just love the growing community. We invite anyone to participate and I try to get prizes to as many players as possible. We encourage good sportmanship. And we strive to help players get better, whether through suggesting figs that would help improve the squad or ideas, moves and tactics to help you improve your play so you can win some prizes too : )

Slie
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:43:47 AM

I look forward to it. I probably won't compete after gencon, until this event, lol. Bloody life...

-Slie
swmimperial130
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:45:39 AM

I might play if can make it, get GGDAC, and get droids that I need.
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:51:29 AM

Slie wrote:
I look forward to it. I probably won't compete after gencon, until this event, lol. Bloody life...

-Slie

I am sure you will need a break...but thats why its in October : ) Always a good time when Slie is there : )
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 3:57:58 PM

After thinking about it...I think Shinja will edit out the part where I called him "Legendary" once he sees it...
ChadB
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:15:31 PM

I'm really looking forward to this event. Counting down the days already.
seibermaki
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:05:49 PM

Omnus wrote:
We have DCI cards at the store. You just put your name and contact information on the card and our T.O. takes cares of the rest. Your DCI number will then be used to when you play in a DCI to show your participation.

By doing events through DCI, it lets wizards know how many people are playing, and what areas have growing support. In a time like this, where Wizards is providing more support for SWM than ever (First time for Regionals) its helpful to be doing events through DCI so they can see the growth and will hopefully provide more support for SWM in the future.

We have players of all skill levels and just love the growing community. We invite anyone to participate and I try to get prizes to as many players as possible. We encourage good sportmanship. And we strive to help players get better, whether through suggesting figs that would help improve the squad or ideas, moves and tactics to help you improve your play so you can win some prizes too : )

That's cool. Is there a way I can apply for DCI online(I suppose Google would help lol)? And then carry the number with me? Unfortunately, unless I was playing Magic, I wouldn't have much use for it locally. And not sure how much I could actually travel to like, GenCon or other places to play.

Maybe MAINEiac and I could get a local scene going heh.
swmimperial130
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 3:39:13 AM

I really want to go to it. That is proven by the fact that I had a FREAKING DREAM about it.Huh Some 7 year old won.Scared
Slie
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 6:50:11 AM

Naw Charles, I'm pretty sure he thinks he's legendary too.Cool

And I'm sure I make people as happy as a brand new pair of socks. Well as happy as the new socks feel about old used feet and smelly sneakers at least. Razz

-Slie
Cybit
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 6:57:48 AM

Seiber, I might be able to help you out. Once I get home, I'll PM you the information I need to give you a DCI number, then just send in the DCI card to wizards to set you up!

Jiminiy criminies dude, a whole freaking case? I know we were pumping Mike for prizes, but yowza.

Omnus
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 9:17:11 AM

Cybit wrote:
Seiber, I might be able to help you out. Once I get home, I'll PM you the information I need to give you a DCI number, then just send in the DCI card to wizards to set you up!

Jiminiy criminies dude, a whole freaking case? I know we were pumping Mike for prizes, but yowza.

I told you when I was getting the whole thing organized, I got the event approved for amazing prize support. I am expecting to give out over 40+ boosters (depending on attendance). I figured the person to actuly take first in all this Chaos deserves something worth the work : )
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 9:33:24 AM

swmimperial130 wrote:
I really want to go to it. That is proven by the fact that I had a FREAKING DREAM about it.Huh Some 7 year old won.Scared

You have some very, very interesting dreams, don't you. Do you smoke a certain kind of pipe before you go to bed? Laugh
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 9:36:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

This rules. Dang, if New Zealand doesn't feel far away now...
swmimperial130
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 10:46:05 AM

mercenary_moose wrote:
swmimperial130 wrote:

You have some very, very interesting dreams, don't you. Do you smoke a certain kind of pipe before you go to bed? Laugh

yes, I have very interesting dreams (some creepy, some crazy), and no, I don't have a specal pipe. I'm only 12 (13 in August)
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 4:16:12 AM

Updated with the Bloomilk Custom Challenge details!
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 4:58:41 AM

ChadB wrote:
I'm really looking forward to this event. Counting down the days already.

Now you have to do a custom for it too : )
RevRevGar
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:55:31 PM

Omnus wrote:
"Darth Revan"

*Tear*

Is cheating allowed?

-RevRevGar
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:08:03 PM

RevRevGar wrote:
Omnus wrote:
"Darth Revan"

*Tear*

Is cheating allowed?

-RevRevGar

Lets just say this...only someone truly worthy and deserving of the title "Darth Revan" will win the event : )